Opal + GCP Cloud SQL
Opal supports GCP Cloud SQL out of the box. Database access can be scoped to any granularity your database allows including table and even column-level access. Developers can easily discover and request for just-in-time short-lived access to databases. All databases can be accessed using your favorite 3rd party database viewers, like Postico, or through the command line.
- Implement Least Privilege - With Opal, customers are able to adopt granular and ephemeral access to critical resources
- Accelerate Access Requests - Customers can delegate approvals to resource owners/managers and accelerate approvals via one-click in Slack
- Streamline User Onboarding - Integrated with popular identity providers, customers can bind resource level access to native group structures
- Configure break glass access - Opal enables customers to automate emergency break-glass access via integrations with on-call providers and manual pre-approvals
- Automate Access Reviews - Opal offers end-to-end automation for user access reviews—snapshotting user lists, notifying reviewers, providing a self-service review workflow, and generating automated reports
How it works
Set up your GCP GKE integration in minutes
- Head to Apps, and hit the "New App" button
- Go to Google Cloud Platform
- Tag infrastructure in GCP
- Create a service account for Opal
- Enable the IAM API in GCP
- Upload your service account credentials
- Hit "Create"
Congrats, you're integrated!