Opal + GCP GKE
Opal lets you define fine-grained access controls to Kubernetes clusters on GKE allowing you to set specific permissions to and policies to Google Cloud users . This simplifies and unifies access controls to clusters while enabling developers to connect easily and request new access to many different clusters.
- Implement Least Privilege - With Opal, customers are able to adopt granular and ephemeral access to critical resources
- Accelerate Access Requests - Customers can delegate approvals to resource owners/managers and accelerate approvals via one-click in Slack
- Streamline User Onboarding - Integrated with popular identity providers, customers can bind resource level access to native group structures
- Configure break glass access - Opal enables customers to automate emergency break-glass access via integrations with on-call providers and manual pre-approvals
- Automate Access Reviews - Opal offers end-to-end automation for user access reviews—snapshotting user lists, notifying reviewers, providing a self-service review workflow, and generating automated reports
How it works
Set up your Google Cloud Platform integration in minutes:
- Head to Apps, and hit the "New App" button
- Go to Google Cloud Platform
- Tag infrastructure in GCP
- Create a service account for Opal
- Enable the IAM API in GCP
- Upload your service account credentials
- Hit "Create"
Congrats, you're integrated!