Opal + GCP GKE
Opal + GCP GKE Use cases
Protect against breaches with least privilege
- Grant just-in-time access to GKE that is auto-expiring and fully audited using Slack
- Ensure that privileged roles have the appropriate identity governance and approval configurations, such as multi-stage approvals, max duration, custom fields, and more
Accelerate employee access on paved roads
- Enable resource owners with the most context to approve access requests and provision access automatically via Slack
- Accelerate employee onboarding by enabling managers to request on behalf of their reports or enabling self-service discovery of resource bundles
- Automate on-call access by provisioning and deprovisioning access via on-call schedules
Simplify compliance without manual overhead
- Automate user access reviews so compliance teams can snapshot user listings, assign reviewers to self-service reviews, propagate access changes, and generate an auditor-friendly access report
- Review access of employees who have recently transferred roles or departments
Opal + GCP GKE Integration Overview
Opal lets you define fine-grained access controls to Kubernetes clusters on GKE allowing you to set specific permissions to and policies to Google Cloud users . This simplifies and unifies access controls to clusters while enabling developers to connect easily and request new access to many different clusters.
GCP GKE Integration Setup
Set up your Google Cloud Platform integration in minutes:
- Head to Apps, and hit the "New App" button
- Go to Google Cloud Platform
- Tag infrastructure in GCP
- Create a service account for Opal
- Enable the IAM API in GCP
- Upload your service account credentials
- Hit "Create"
Congrats, you're integrated!