Opal + Slack
Slack is a messaging app for business that connects people to the information they need. By bringing people together to work as one unified team, Slack transforms the way organizations communicate.
Opal's integration with Slack Workspaces and Enterprise Grid creates a frictionless access management workflow that brings essential information about access requests to the appropriate resource owners and managers. Not only does it allow owners to approve or deny the request within Slack itself, the notification also updates in real time to show outstanding requests and pending next steps. By bringing access requests right to your manager's fingertips, Opal helps you maintain security standards, meet compliance requirements, and greatly reduce inefficiencies within your team.
- Enable employees to browse a self-service catalog and make granular and short-lived access requests
- Opal will intelligently notify system owners and managers and they can approve and provision access in one click. If they reviewers need more information, they can use Slack to add comments too!
- For user access reviews, compliance managers can configure a customized series of Slack notifications to remind reviewers
- Admins can set up Slack alerts to ensure that all access events (even if they occur outside of Opal) will be dumped into a Slack channel
1. In the admin sidebar, click on the Connect button under Slack in the Productivity Integrations section
2. Input the name of the Workspace or Enterprise Grid Organization and your Slack admin can automatically approve the connection