Opal + GCP Folder
Opal + GCP Folder Use cases
Protect against breaches with least privilege
- Grant just-in-time access to GCP projects that is auto-expiring and fully audited using Slack
- Ensure that privileged roles have the appropriate identity governance and approval configurations, such as multi-stage approvals, max duration, custom fields, and more
Accelerate employee access on paved roads
- Enable resource owners with the most context to approve access requests and provision access automatically via Slack
- Accelerate employee onboarding by enabling managers to request on behalf of their reports or enabling self-service discovery of resource bundles
- Automate on-call access by provisioning and deprovisioning access via on-call schedules
Simplify compliance without manual overhead
- Automate user access reviews so compliance teams can snapshot user listings, assign reviewers to self-service reviews, propagate access changes, and generate an auditor-friendly access report
- Review access of employees who have recently transferred roles or departments
GCP Folder Overview
Folders are nodes in the Cloud Platform Resource Hierarchy. A folder can contain projects, other folders, or a combination of both. Organization resources can use folders to group projects under the organization resource node in a hierarchy. For example, your organization resource might contain multiple departments, each with its own set of Google Cloud resources.
GCP Folder Integration Setup
Set up your GCP integration in minutes
- Head to Apps, and hit the "New App" button
- Go to Google Cloud Platform
- Tag infrastructure in GCP
- Create a service account for Opal
- Enable the IAM API in GCP
- Upload your service account credentials
- Hit "Create"
Congrats, you're integrated!