Opal + Github
GitHub is an online software development platform used for storing, tracking, and collaborating on software projects. It enables developers to upload their own code files and to collaborate with fellow developers on open-source projects. GitHub also serves as a social networking site in which developers can openly network, collaborate, and pitch their work
Opal supports integration with your GitHub repositories and teams. This integration allows you to easily invite members to Opal and control their access to individual repositories, granting them access privileges such as read only or the ability to both read and write.
Modern Access Management
Using Opal, customers can:
- Grant just-in-time access to critical repos that are auto-expiring and fully audited
- Enable resource owners with the most context to approve access requests and provision access automatically via Slack
- Ensure that privileged repos have the appropriate identity governance and approval configurations, such as multi-stage approvals, max duration, custom fields, and more
- Automate user access reviews so compliance teams can snapshot user listings, assign reviewers to self-service reviews, propagate access changes, and generate an auditor-friendly access report
- Automatically escalate privileges (and revoke access) when developers are on-call via integrations with PagerDuty and Opsgenie
Repos and teams can be easily integrated with the Github connector!
1. In the Apps sidebar, click on "New App", and select Github
- Create an admin personal access token and a GitHub organization Oauth App. Afterwards, fill in the details into the App Integration form.