Opal + GitLab
GitLab + Opal Use cases
Protect against breaches with least privilege
- Grant just-in-time access to GitLab projects and groups that are auto-expiring and fully audited using Slack
- Ensure that privileged roles have the appropriate identity governance and approval configurations, such as multi-stage approvals, max duration, custom fields, and more
Accelerate employee access on paved roads
- Enable resource owners with the most context to approve access requests and provision access automatically via Slack
- Accelerate employee onboarding by enabling managers to request on behalf of their reports or enabling self-service discovery of resource bundles
- Automate on-call access by provisioning and deprovisioning access via on-call schedules
Simplify compliance without manual overhead
- Automate user access reviews so compliance teams can snapshot user listings, assign reviewers to self-service reviews, propagate access changes, and generate an auditor-friendly access report
- Review access of employees who have recently transferred roles or departments
GitLab is an open source code repository and collaborative software development platform for large DevOps and DevSecOps project. GitLab offers a location for online code storage and capabilities for issue tracking and CI/CD. The repository enables hosting different development chains and versions, and allows users to inspect previous code and roll back to it in the event of unforeseen problems.
Opal + GitLab Integration Overview
Opal supports integration with your GitLab repositories and teams. This integration allows you to easily invite members to Opal and control their access to individual repositories, granting them access privileges such as read only or the ability to both read and write. Opal supports both GitLab Self-Managed and GitLab SaaS - across all tiers (free, premium, and ultimate).
GitLab Integration Setup
Repos and teams can be easily integrated with the Gitlab connector!
1. In the Apps sidebar, click on "New App", and select Gitlab
2. Create a GitLab Group or Admin OAuth App and then fill out the details to your GitLab organization