Opal + Opsgenie
Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform that ensures critical incidents are never missed, and actions are taken by the right people in the shortest possible time. Opsgenie receives alerts from your monitoring systems and custom applications and categorizes each alert based on importance and timing.
Opal integrates natively with Opsgenie to reduce friction within your Engineering team. You can create privileged on-call groups which sync with the on-call schedules in Opsgenie. That way, whoever is currently on-call has all the permissions needed to diagnose and solve live issues effectively. Once they're no longer on-call, Opal will automatically remove their privileges! This integration strengthens a company's security posture and streamlines operations.
- Security: Enterprises can implement least privilege in a short-lived and dynamic manner. Engineers shouldn't have sensitive on-call access all of the time. Instead, they only receive necessary permissions when they need them.
- Operations: Rather than manually granting and revoking access through calendar reminders, Opal can automatically grant and revoke access according to on-call schedules.
1. Under the Admin tab, admins can navigate to the Productivity Integrations section and click on the Connect button
2. Afterwards, admins need to provide the Opsgenie token
- For any group, Opal or Group Admins can edit the Membership on-call Schedule to determine which users should get access to the group when they are on-call.