Opal + PagerDuty
PagerDuty is an operations management platform that helps organizations with incident response, on-call management, and runbook automation capabilities. It is a leading tool for DevOps, process automation, and business operations teams across various industries.
1. On-Call Automation
With Opal's PagerDuty integration, enterprises can automatically grant access to privileged permissions when engineers are on-call (and revoke access when they are off-call). This integration strengthens a company's security posture and streamlines operations.
- Security: Enterprises can implement least privilege in a short-lived and dynamic manner. Engineers shouldn't have sensitive on-call access all of the time. Instead, they only receive necessary permissions when they need them.
- Operations: Rather than manually granting and revoking access through calendar reminders, Opal can automatically grant and revoke access according to on-call schedules.
2. Modern Access Management
Opal also integrates with PagerDuty roles, such as Admin, Owner, and User, enabling Opal to:
- Grant just-in-time access to critical roles that are auto-expiring and fully audited
- Enable resource owners with the most context to approve access requests and provision access automatically via Slack
- Ensure that privileged roles have the appropriate identity governance and approval configurations, such as multi-stage approvals, max duration, custom fields, and more
- Automate user access reviews so compliance teams can snapshot user listings, assign reviewers to self-service reviews, propagate access changes, and generate an auditor-friendly access report
1. Under the Admin tab, admins can navigate to the Productivity Integrations section and click on the Connect button
2. Afterwards, admins need to provide a "Read-Only" API token
- For any group, Opal or Group Admins can edit the Membership on-call Schedule to determine which users should get access to the group when they are on-call.
Modern Access Management
Under Apps, admins can create a new App connection for PagerDuty and add API Key with Full Access