Opal + Terraform
Infrastructure as code (IaC) tools allow you to manage infrastructure with configuration files rather than through a graphical user interface. IaC allows you to build, change, and manage your infrastructure in a safe, consistent, and repeatable way by defining resource configurations that you can version, reuse, and share. Terraform is HashiCorp's infrastructure as code tool. It lets you define resources and infrastructure in human-readable, declarative configuration files, and manages your infrastructure's lifecycle. Using Terraform has several advantages over manually managing your infrastructure:
- Terraform can manage infrastructure on multiple cloud platforms.
- The human-readable configuration language helps you write infrastructure code quickly.
- Terraform's state allows you to track resource changes throughout your deployments.
- You can commit your configurations to version control to safely collaborate on infrastructure.
Opal has a Terraform provider to enable customers to manage configuration of sensitive resources with IaC. This allows developers to have powerful version control workflows, including:
- Ability to see a distilled snapshot of current state
- Ability to git diff any changes between states
- Ability to git revert to earlier states
- Ability to git log full version history
- Ability to review and discuss changes via pull requests
Scalable access management
Using Opal's Terraform provider, customers can:
- Automated configuration and resource provisioning: Eliminate manual provisioning through user interfaces
- Stronger security posture: IaC completely standardizes your setup, reducing human error
- Scalable configuration: Orchestrate resources in one configuration file that has robust version control
Opal's terraform provider will enable admins to manage Opal owners, resources, and groups. Our Terraform provider can be found here