Opal + Google Workspace
Google Workspace, formerly known as Google Suite or GSuite, is a collection of business and productivity applications for organizations. The list of apps includes: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Meet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Chat, Forms, Sites, and more.
Workspace is a paid upgrade from Google’s free apps, providing interoperability with Microsoft Outlook, additional security controls like 2FA and SSO, and detailed administrative controls for user accounts.
Opal’s Google Workspace connector offers a complete access management solution for users, groups, and roles. Opal is tightly integrated with the Google ecosystem - providing native integrations for Google Cloud Platform, Google Groups, and using Google as the identity provider. With the Google Workspace connector specifically, Opal enables you to view who has access to and manage access to default and custom roles.
- Implement Least Privilege - With Opal, customers are able to adopt granular and ephemeral access to critical resources
- Accelerate Access Requests - Customers can delegate approvals to resource owners/managers and accelerate approvals via one-click in Slack
- Streamline User Onboarding - Integrated with popular identity providers, customers can bind resource level access to native group structures
- Configure break glass access - Opal enables customers to automate emergency break-glass access via integrations with on-call providers and manual pre-approvals
- Automate Access Reviews - Opal offers end-to-end automation for user access reviews - snapshotting user lists, notifying reviewers, providing a self-service review workflow, and generating automated reports
How it works
You can set up the Google Workspace integration in minutes:
- Select Google Workspace from the Application catalog
- Enable Admin SDK API
- Upload service account credentials